Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer - Rip OFF
We are a full service facilitation company providing services to major oil & gas companies, both local and international, operating for over 25 years. We signed on with Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) to do some work on our website, not only are they incompetent, we no longer have a functional website.
In May 2011, we spoke with Houston Media Lab "” Brian Spencer about customizing/designing a Word Press site with the alternate option of building a site from scratch. We decided Word Press would be our best option as we wanted a content management system.
We simply wanted all items from our old website to be moved over, then we would maintain it on our own via WordPress. Instead, Houston Media Lab - Brian Spencer, lost our entire secondary website used to directly communicate with our clients (this website did not need to be altered in the first place, simply backed up and moved over). Brian Spencer did not back up our MySQL database and then attempted to blame our previous web developer 3 months after we moved on from them and hired him (Brian Spencer) as our new developer. We spent hundreds of hours on putting content into our secondary site over the 2-3 year period, and now, because of Houston Media Lab, we lost everything. After the site went down, Brian Spencer then led us on for 45 days saying he and his "team" were working on getting everything moved over, only to later show us a virtually empty page that could have been put together in less than 30 minutes. Furthermore, Brian Spencer was more interested in financial gain rather than doing all that as promised to us. He hounded us and whined requesting we submit payment, when all we wanted to see was complete and professional work. Once payment was received, he rarely responded to our emails. In conclusion, Houston Media Lab has cost us thousands of dollars and we still don't have a website.
This is a amateur company claiming to build websites. We strongly advise refraining from doing business with this one-man band company. In the end, we were left with a $35 template purchased by Houston Media Lab (Brian Spencer) with absolutely no customizations. We did research and found our template here . Brian Spencer didn't even bother changing the images when he presented the WordPress site to us. This company is VERY bad news.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Website Design
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "i can personally relate to patients complaining about poor dental service, and then the dentist resort to blaming the patient for their mistakes.my partials were so deformed that friends of..."
- "I went to Affordable Dentures on 07/2015 and technician took me X rays, she said that she had to remove 3 teeth, because 1 was shifted, 1 loose and 1..."
- "Long story short ,8month ago I started ,the Veneers are horrible ,even my dogs were laughing at me ,I send them back ,send hundreds of emails ,calls ,and nothing ,I..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "I was in place to shoot with Hasan I text him to confirm timing and if we could make the shoot happen. I was told it will be a 900$..."
- "I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."